It is one of the most criminal acts which is raising day by day. Safety of some children around the world is getting threatened by child abuse. The number of increasing this criminal act is summed up and it seen, in a way that according to statistical data, about more than 10 million children’s in 2010 were reported to CPS (Child Protective Service) agencies and other official organizations and agencies to be the victims of child abuse, and about more than a millions of such cases were confirmed and investigated on this shameful act.
Among Many problems in the society, one of the most important issues we can talk about is Child Abusing. Child abuse may be referred to as the physically or mentally torture of children under the age of 18 years. Child abuse may be categorized in many ways.
Physically a child can be harmed for poor behavior, can be forced for doing work that he can’t afford/handle, he can be tortured to do some unwanted terror activities or to do other illegal activities. He can also be tortured by the career building organizations for strict disciplines and rules.
Sexually abusing may involve the exposing of a private body part to a child, kissing or touching in a sexual manner, making inappropriate conversations also counts as abusing a child sexually. This type of abasement has a great impact on the society nowadays which has an increasing ratio among the rest of the categories.
Psychologically a child can be abused by putting him in an isolated atmosphere where he is not allowed to make friends, he has been treated brutally for performing degraded tasks, and by putting inappropriate/unauthentic charges on them. The violence between the family members can also abuse a child psychologically. It may involve the fulfillment of cultural practices that are not acceptable or considered as a taboo.
Negligibility can abuses a child in such manner that he is not providing with hygienic food, shelter, good clothes, standard living, proper medication or treatments and other standards for living. One of the main reason for child abusing is the lack of attention of their parents neglects them against their workload and other social activities.
Around these categories of a child abused there some risk factors that originates the circumstances for child abused which are mention as follows:
- Parental factors.
- Environmental factors.
- Use of Drugs and Alcohol.
10 Things You Can Do To Prevent Child Abuse
- Give Your Time: Get involved with other parents and other friends family in your community. Help other vulnerable children’s and their families.
- Discipline Your Children: Never discipline your child when you are upset, sad or frightened. Give yourself a time to calm down emotions. Remember that discipline is the best way to teach your child.
- Examine Your Own Behavior: Abuse is not just a physical act. Both words and actions can cause deep, lasting wounds. Be a nurturing parent.
- Educate yourself and Other Parents: Simply support for children and parents can be the best way to prevent child abuse.
- Teach Children Their Rights: When children are taught they are special and have the right to be safe, they are less likely to think abuse is their fault, and more likely to report an offender.
- Support Prevention and Other Safety Programs: Support your children, intervention occurs only after abuse is reported.
- Know What Child Abuse Is: Physically and sexually abuse clearly constitute maltreatment, but so does neglect, or the failure of parents. Children can also get emotionally abused when they are usually rejected, berated, or continuously ignored.
- Know the Signs: Unexplained injuries aren’t the only signs of abuse. These injuries can be in the form of depression, fear, difficult to trust others or making friends, these type of changes effect in eating or sleeping patterns, poor hygiene, secrecy, and hostility are often signs of family problems.
- Report Abuse: If you are a witness a child abuse or see some evidence of abuse, you’re your duty to report to your state’s child protective services department or local police. When your child talks about abuse, listen carefully, assure your child that he or she did the right thing by telling them.
- Invest in kids: Encourage the leaders in the community to be supportive for children and families.
There are many writing services like assignment writing service who further searching for the preventing the children’s and different ways for them so their students get protected a save. These assignment writing services aware the people by writing on these topics.